The Former Gymnasium/ Lyceum

The former lyceum (currently the city and country library) and the gymnasium (the college preparatory high school) next to the Lower Palace and the City Church, complete the classical ensemble of the downtown area.  The gymnasium, constructed in 1874, was dedicated the following year. 

The lyceum, after extensive reconstruction, became the headquarters for the library in 1993.

 

Seitenanfang